Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Time to Catch Up (And in the hospital again)

I know I haven't done a good job this past couple weeks of keeping folks updated, but things have been so busy for a bit that I've just really been having a hard time figuring out what to say.

First, some good news.  I finally got some pictures of the "big fight" posted on Facebook. You can check them out here:   Caleb vs. Darth Vader  I still haven't had a chance to shorten my copy of the video to upload to YouTube. However, my brother did. Search for "Caleb Defeats Darth Vader" by RajunCajun54.

Next, this coming Saturday, March 26th, is the opening of baseball season for Little Elm. The LEAYSA (The Little Elm Area Youth Sports Association) is dedicating opening day to Caleb. If he is feeling up to it, he will get to throw out the first pitch of the season. All Team Caleb members are invited to attend. It is at Cottonwood Ballpark on Lobo Lane in Little Elm. Ceremonies begin at 11:00 a.m. Be there early if you can. If you're wearing your Team Caleb gear, you are welcome to join us on the field to show your support. We have been told that all players will be wearing yellow gold on their uniforms somewhere for the entire week in support of Caleb. Caleb's picture & a link to his blog are even featured on the home page of the Town of Little Elm website!  This is a wonderful outpouring of support from our own town & we are thrilled beyond belief.

Third, I received an email from the CEO of Propell (where our Team Caleb gear is being sold). I would like to share that email with all of you. This is a wonderful company & I thank God that, through a friend, we found them to host our stuff. We had never heard of this company prior our friend setting up the initial shop for us. God is so good!!

Subject: A note from the people who make the Team Caleb shirts

Dear Huffines Family,

(I'm not sure who will receive this but assume it's one of Caleb's parents.  If not, and Caleb is reading these, we just want you to know we're all thinking of you, and maybe you could send this along to your parents!)

I'm Ed Bernstein, the CEO of Propell, which is hosting your shop.

I hope you don't mind the intrusion, but I wanted you to know that we are very aware of your shop and very touched by Caleb's story, and how supportive all your friends and family have been.   You're all in our prayers too.   We're grateful you chose us to help, and will help you in any way we can.

A lot of our business is for schools, nonprofits and military, and we're proud to help them raise money.  But once in a while, we're moved, as individuals, by the story behind a shop, and yours is very much in that category.  When that happens, we try to reach out and see if we too can contribute.

So with that in mind, if you don't mind, I'd like to waive a portion of our fees, to increase the donation amount you will receive when we send out the profit-sharing checks.  You'll see this reflected in the next check.  

But mostly, we want to let you know there are real people here fulfilling these orders, and we are thinking of you and Caleb as we do.

Ed





__________
Ed Bernstein
Propell Corporation
305 San Anselmo Ave.  Suite 300
San Anselmo, CA 94960

Caleb had a wonderful time visiting with family this past week. It has been refreshing to have someone at the house to help us with him. Darlene, Bernie, & Jennifer -- we can't thank you enough for all you did. You are all very loved & we are grateful to you for the help.

Caleb had a very active weekend that kinda started Thursday morning. He woke up Thursday saying, "Daddy, I can walk." He then proceed to take a couple of steps with assistance from Daddy. He hadn't been able to do that for a couple weeks. He tried to take a step totally on his own as well. He also said that his vision wasn't blurry any longer.

We had our regularly scheduled clinic visit on Thursday. After a couple tries, we managed to have all of Caleb's numbers where they needed to be for him to start a new clinical trial. I can't go into all the details of it because it is a Phase 1 study. What I can say is that the oncology field is abuzz with the potential for this treatment. We got all the medication we were supposed to have to be able to start the study on Monday morning (3/21).

We mentioned to the doctors that Caleb hasn't been drinking much & we were concerned about his hydration levels. They put him on fluids at clinic then instructed us to run IV fluids at night at home to make sure he was staying hydrated.

Friday, Saturday & Sunday, Caleb wanted to spend the majority of each day outside in the sunshine. It was fabulous to see him playing catch with his friends & family. Saturday, we had more family come in to spend some time with us. Saturday night, we put Caleb to bed with the promise of doughnuts for breakfast on Sunday morning.

Sunday morning arrived & we got doughnuts for him, as promised. He didn't want to eat any & said, "Maybe later."  He then asked to go outside to play. We went outside & played catch in the front yard. He then spent some time playing with sidewalk chalk before going back in the shade to play more catch. He really wanted to practice so he'd be ready to throw out the first pitch on Saturday for what we're calling "Caleb Day." After a while longer, he was ready to go inside to take a nap. He slept for about 3 hours. When he woke up, we offered him something to eat & drink. He still refused. He was barely drinking anything & complained that his throat was hurting. The only thing he ate all day was a popsicle around 7:30 p.m. We were having trouble getting him to take his medications because his throat hurt so bad. We knew we had clinic on Monday morning, so we weren't overly concerned.

We put him to bed and stayed up talking to our neighbor, who had actually talked Caleb into eating the popsicle. We got ready to turn in for the night & I took "night duty" in Caleb's room with him. Since we got him a hospital-style bed on March 14th, we'd been able to get him to sleep in his room again. But, someone has to be in there with him. He doesn't like to be alone. Around 2 a.m., I was awakened by Caleb's labored breathing. He struggled to let us know what was going on. He managed to get the word "H O S P I T A L" out. We put him on some oxygen & it helped some. We called Dr. Leger, who was on call at the time, & told her what was going on. (Have I mentioned how much Caleb loves Dr. Leger?) She suggested we head into clinic earlier than originally planned to have him checked out. We also called the weekend hospice nurse to come check on him at the house to make sure we were doing all we could. He fell back asleep & slept until just before we left the house.

His breathing continued to be labored throughout most of the morning, so we kept him on the oxygen until we got to clinic (thanks to the portable oxygen unit). By this time, he was barely able to open his mouth to speak at all and we could not understand anything he was trying to say. We resorted to a "thumbs-up for yes" method so we could attempt to guess what he wanted.

Dr. Bowers came in and listened to our recount of the past few days. Based on Caleb's current physical & neurological instability, he is no longer eligible for the new phase 1 study we were supposed to start that morning. We discussed the option of Avastin again & were told that it would probably not do him any good to try at this point. So, we are basically out of treatment options. When we asked about how long we had, we were told around 4 days to 4 weeks & that the next 24 - 48 hours might tell us more.

Caleb is now in the "make him comfortable" stage. It was Caleb's decision, based on his 2am "hospital" request, to be admitted to the hospital again.

We are giving him nutrients, fluids & pain relief through his IV. He's been asleep for most of Monday. He has finally stopped fighting about having the oxygen mask directly on his face.

We have spoken to our families & advised them to come soon if they want to see him.  We are devastated at this latest development, but continue to lean on our Lord & Savior for comfort. He will sustain us through the time to come.

Please pray for the following:
1. It's NOT to late for our Lord to perform a miracle.
2. That our family is able to get here in time to say goodbye.
3. That we are able to get Caleb's pain under control & keep it there.
4. That he is feeling well enough to be released from the hospital & wants to go home for the weekend.
5. That he is feeling well enough to at least attend Caleb Day on Saturday.
6. That we continue to find the strength to endure what will come.
7. That we are able to have a conversation with Caleb about dying & Heaven without him becoming fearful.
8. That we are able to tell Caleb about his biological siblings & them about him.

Thank you for all your prayers for our family during this time.

P.S. Don't forget to leave a comment. Please remember to put your name & a location if possible. Caleb has been enjoying hearing how many people all over the world are praying for him.

63 comments:

  1. I have absolutely NO words. All I have is prayer. I pray the blood of Jesus over Caleb and beg God to perform a miracle, that only HE can, and take this cancer away from Caleb. I pray for God to make His presence known to ALL of you in a very, very real way. I pray that God fills each of you with a peace that exceeds all human understanding. I pray for God's grace and mercy for Caleb and all of his family. I pray for divine healing in which only GOD is honored and glorified. In Jesus name, I ask these things...Amen.

    Lesley (Braud) Maglapit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angela, so sorry that Caleb's had this set back and I'm sending much love and positive thoughts to try and make it that - just a set back.

    Take care of yourselves.

    Love and hugs,
    Jacquie
    Milton Keynes, UK.

    PS - having to send as anonymous as I can't remember my Google log in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caleb - What a strong fighter you are. I know God has amazing plans for a wonderful guy like you. You and your WHOLE family are in my prayers - Beth - Atlanta, GA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I truly love you guys so much especially Caleb he is a very special little boy. Praying him and you guys..

    David Clowers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lord in Heaven please send your miracle to this family. Hold them in your holy grace and protect them. Please place your healing hands on Caleb and heal him of all ailments and sickness. Lord, you say by your stripes we are healed. I know you have a plan for all that happens, please answer our prayers and show the world the biggest miracle of all by healing this child.
    In Jesus' name
    Amen
    Keep fighting Caleb. You are a child of God and we all admire you.
    Susan Forbes and family
    Gonzales, La.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kelli, Rick, Cade & Ellie EagleMarch 22, 2011 at 10:33 AM

    As I'm sure many are, I have a heavy heart for what you are dealing with and am without words. But I am with lots of love and prayers for ALL of you.

    The Eagle family
    Castle Rock, Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  7. Caleb!!!!!

    We are praying for you & you are such a strong boy!! Andreya misses you so much and hope the best for you.

    We love you all,

    Luis, Sandra, Andreya & Anthony Garces

    ReplyDelete
  8. These things I pray for & more.
    My heart is breaking, I can only imagine yours & Richard's pain
    I do believe in Miracles.
    Love Aunt Dar

    ReplyDelete
  9. So broken hearted for your family. I am praying for you all and enlisted the prayers of friends. Psalm 121.

    Catherine Moore
    (former MOPs friend)
    Monahans, TX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Caleb,
    Everytime I hear your name I see that handsome picture of you on your blog. You seem to be a really little tough guy. Lots of people have come to know you and care about you.

    Love from Texas
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Caleb and Family,
    Our family has and will continue to pray for your miracle. My husband, Dale who is 35, has been fighting cancer for 4 years. We constantly hope. We constantly pray. We constantly are aware of others who are in our shoes and sometimes worse. We have been told several times that we have "months or weeks" and Dale is still here with us. I pray God intervenes. Seeing you fight so hard, Caleb, has given us strength to keep fighting harder as well. Our daughter, Jillian, prays for you a lot and wants you to know that she loves you. May God comfort you greatly in these tough days and give you wisdom beyond your years. People around you will not know what to say sometimes and say silly things. We just say thank you. But we know that ultimately God is with us. He loves us. He is there with you in each moment.
    Love from the Larkins Family,
    Dale Lisa Jillian and Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Caleb- I know you dont know me that well! But you have no idea the impact you have had on my life. You are such a strong person! This life my be hard for you but boy the bleesings you will receive in your next one (your eternal one). Your love for God shows in your actions and kindness. I loved having you in my Sunday School class when you were visiting. We think about you often and pray for you daily. We Love you! God bless you!!!
    Jeanie Pitts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Caleb,

    We love you and are praying for you.

    Brandon Vogt and family

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh heavenly Father, be with Caleb and his family Lord. Provide for them in every moment of this journey your great mercy and comfort. Lord please heal this precious boy, heal him Lord so he can attend Caleb day at the ball field. Lord I ask that you continue to hold this family in your arms and put all the doctors, friends and prayer warriors in place just when they are needed. Amen.
    Sheri & Scott Garcia

    ReplyDelete
  15. God Bless you all and God Bless Caleb. You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Angela, my heart is breaking for you. I have been down on my knees praying for a miracle. I have spent time shouting WHY? I love that little boy of yours and I feel truly blessed to have been his pre-school teacher. Cindy and I send all our love. Please give Caleb a big hug from us. Love, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  17. Angela,
    I am saddened and angered (about the medicine). I'm sure you've gone through the gamut of emotions. I am also inspired though by Caleb and his strength, and also the faith of your family. There is no easy way to go through this kind of journey, but your family has done so with grace. Sometimes the only thing we have to hang onto is knowing that God has a plan for us all, even for Caleb, even if it doesn't fit with our plan. You already know this. Don't forget how much you, Caleb and your family are loved. You are being prayed for and will continue to be prayed for. Lean on your family and friends and you will make it through. I admire your courage and I am here to help, listen, pray and cry with you when you need it.
    Love,
    Amy Hendricks

    ReplyDelete
  18. Caleb and Family,

    Though I do not know your family personally I am completely moved by Caleb's story. I am from The Colony, TX and heard about Caleb through a friend on Facebook. I will spread the word about Caleb and print small "prayer flyers" and distribute them to the local churches in our town. I believe strongly in the power of prayer and hope that your family may find comfort in knowing that so many are praying for you all and thinking of Caleb during this trying time in your lives. Your family and Caleb are an inspiration to my family. Your courage and strength amazes me and gives testement to God's power and love. Please continue to lean on God and trust in Him and His will. You will all be in our thoughts and prayers and I will make an active effort to spread the word about Caleb.

    With love from Stephenville,
    Molly Medina and family

    ReplyDelete
  19. ANGEL,I AM NUMB AS I READ THIS. I AM STAYING POSITIVE AND CONTINUING TO PRAY FOR ONE OF GOD'S MIRACLES. CALEB IS A VERY BRAVE AND COURAGEOUS LIL MAN AND HE IS DEFINITELY TOUCHED MY HEART. YOU AND RICHARD HAVE DONE A WONDERFUL JOB IN RAISING CALEB TO LOVE THE LORD. I WISH THERE WAS MORE I COULD WRITE, BUT THE THOUGHTS ARE SWARMING IN MY HEAD.

    TINA RANDALL POWERS IN PRAIRIEVILLE, LA

    ReplyDelete
  20. TO CALEB:

    HEY CALEB!! U ARE SUCH A STRONG LIL MAN. STAY POSITIVE AND REMEMBER THAT GOD LOVES U SO MUCH. U ARE A REALLY COOL GUY!! I SAW THE FIGHT U HAD WITH DARTH VADER AND LET ME SAY THAT.......U ROCK, MAN!!! THAT WAS SO COOL. I AM SO PROUD OF U AND U SHOULD BE EXTREMELY PROUD OF URSELF. U ARE SO AWESOME!!!

    GEAUX CALEB!!! :)

    TINA RANDALL POWERS IN PRIARIEVILLE, LA :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The same Power that raised Jesus from the tomb is in you! Call on it!

    Tammy (friend of Samantha Barnett)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish I had words of comfort but everything that comes to mind just doesn't seem to sum up the words that come to mind.
    I will be praying for you & will have you in my thoughts & heart.

    Anastasia Welch (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been worried since you hadn't updated in a while, but I kept telling myself he's doing better and you're enjoying time with him instead of updating us all.

    First, I'm so touched about the letter you received from the Propell company. I'd bought my nephew Brian a "Team Caleb" shirt and he wears it incessantly. Brian calls me several times a day to check on "his little buddy" as he calls Caleb. Also, what a wonderful community you live in that they're going to include Caleb in the first day of the season. I hope Caleb is able to celebrate "Caleb Day".

    Secondly, as we all are, I'm just devastated by the news Caleb is no longer eligible for the trial. How does one tell their child his life is going to be cut short? I guess the only solace in all this is knowing Caleb's suffering will end and that he'll be walking with God. I've been praying several times a day for a miracle, I hope God will hear our prayers. I'm always here if you need a shoulder.

    Lots of Love,

    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  24. Praying for you and your family, for peace and strength and a special outpouring of God's love over you all.
    Andrea - Thomaston, GA - Bernie's cousin

    ReplyDelete
  25. Angela - sending you so much love - I will notify my prayer warriors to please pray for sweet Caleb - No words can express what the heart feels.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have no words, just prayers. May God give you peace and strength. Caleb is a brave and courageous young man. I am on my knees praying for his miracle. God Bless you all.

    Beth and Ted Current and Family

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sending many thoughts and prayers for each of you throughout this time. God has a plan and there are hundreds of people petitioning Him to bring healing to Caleb within that plan. You didn't really ask for advice in your prayer requests, but I would not feel compelled to introduce the subject of biological siblings to Caleb at this point. If he's on high doses of pain medication, I don't think he's going to be cognizant enough to fully understand what you're trying to explain. If he were healthy and nonmedicated, would this be the age that you would expect him to understand that subject without many detailed conversations...... I admire your desire, but I think you don't need to put yourSELVES through the strain of trying to explain it, as well. You're ALL dealing with enough, for now. God will make a way and the time, when Caleb is a little older, more mature and is able to understand better. God knows the intents and desires of your hearts.

    I'm praying that, perhaps, there is some allergic reaction going on right now since Caleb was outside so much and exposed to the spring pollens. That was my first thought when he complained of the sore throat...... Dear God, please reveal anything that may have been overlooked and bring about a change that would allow them to begin the Phase 1 study. There seems to be such hope for this to prove a positive thing in Caleb's case. If it's Your will, please allow them to be able to pursue this. In Jesus' name, Amen.....

    With hope and faith,
    Donna Weems

    ReplyDelete
  28. Praying for Caleb and family from Shreveport, Louisiana!! Sending lot of love and hugs your way.
    Catherine Orr
    I used to work with your sweet dad.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Angela,
    I am praying specifically for everything you have requested. I cried when I read your update. My heart aches. It is my prayer that God show his mighty power and heal Caleb. Medicine has said no more, but that is when God can step in and show the world that He is the one and only God Almighty! God, please heal Caleb! May the Huffine family feel peace and comfort in your arms.
    Misty Madison

    ReplyDelete
  30. You don't know me, but the more I read my heart breaks for your family. How proud you must be to have such a strong and handsome boy. There is nothing more exciting for a boy to have a whole day of baseball just for him. What a special day this will be for you Caleb. I wish I could be there for your big day, but I live so far away. I have friends and family who will be there and I will be in their hearts thinking of you. May God bless you and your family.

    Alicia Holmes
    Santa Fe, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  31. We are so honored to have been there this past week. We are still praying and are looking forward to being there for "Caleb Day"!

    Uncle Bernie, Aunt Jennifer, and Emmanuel

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Angela, I am Josh Maberry's mom. I met you and your fam. at his house and at church. I follow your blog. I am agreeing with the prayers above and believing that God answers prayers. By the way....Awesome Darth Vader fight! Way to win Caleb. Mary Nan Maberry

    ReplyDelete
  33. Angela, not only do I pray for the things you have asked above, but I also pray for peace and comfort for all of you during this time.
    Caleb, May the force be with you!
    love, Mrs. Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very warmest love and hugs to you all from New Zealand. XXXX <3

    ReplyDelete
  35. Dear Caleb and Family,
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you. There are lots of little Lobos thinking and praying for you today. We hope we can see you throw the ball on Saturday for Caleb day.

    Love,
    The Guernsey Family
    Little Elm, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  36. No words, just prayers.
    Debbie Mann Brown

    ReplyDelete
  37. Chrizelle Dawes - South AfricaMarch 23, 2011 at 8:24 AM

    Dear Caleb and Family!

    Praying non stop for a miracle for special Caleb and his wonderful family!

    Warmest wishes and lots of hugs and love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  38. My prayer's go out for Caleb, if you pray, GOD will hear....Bless this family Lord, please lay your hand upon this child's head,help him fight....make him strong!


    Leslie Guerra
    Elkhart, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  39. Keep fighting Caleb! God loves you!!! We love you too. We are praying for you, your family and your doctors. I was very excited that you were able to walk last week. Get lots of rest. We are praying for you and for God's healing and comforting hand to take away your pain and make you well again.

    Joni Orr
    Little Elm

    ReplyDelete
  40. Prayers are being lifted for Caleb and ALL of the family! Angela, your strength is so amazing and God is with you as you travel THROUGH this valley.
    Wendy Mays
    Palestine, Texas

    ReplyDelete
  41. So saddened to hear that Caleb was removed from the trial phase. I check this site every day. My prayer is that God will intervene and heal him where no man can. I pray that God gives you guys peace and comfort that can only come from Him.

    Kimberly Runyon Buratt
    Prairieville, LA

    ReplyDelete
  42. Elizabeth HendersonMarch 23, 2011 at 11:14 AM

    Dear Caleb,

    Wow! You were so brave to fight against Darth Vader! I know I would have been scared if I had been there!

    I am sending lots of love to you from the state of Maine. We still have snow on the ground, but we hope it gets warm soon.

    Please tell your Mom and Dad that we are thinking of them and sending them love as well, from one cancer parent to another.

    Elizabeth
    Brunswick, Maine

    ReplyDelete
  43. Jessica, Angel, Juan Reyes (Hackberry Elem)March 23, 2011 at 12:47 PM

    What a strong fighter you are Caleb. How cool that you meet Darth Vader. We are praying for you all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Praying for you all. We live in Houston now (used to live in Little Elm) and our daughter Madi used to go to Crossridge ELC. Dawn was her teacher so that is how we heard about Caleb. We are praying for you. God bless. Emily

    ReplyDelete
  45. My prayers and thoughts are with you. God Bless.
    Stephanie in The Colony

    ReplyDelete
  46. I avoided reading this til today, as if avoiding it wouldn't make it so. I've been praying and continue to pray all the time for Caleb n you guys. I hope someone finds the right words to comfort all of you. We'll be there this weekend with Our TEAM CALEB shirts and support. We love all of you guys. Please, all mighty God, hear all our prayers(above and more) and heal Caleb.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Dear Caleb & Family,

    My Family and I are praying for you! Sending LOVE and HUGS out to you.

    God Bless you all,

    Renee and Joe, Vinnie (10), Anthony (7), Gia (6), Ava (3), and our dog, Rocket (almost 1)
    of Orland Park, Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  48. Hi Angela,
    I really don't know what to say. I do know that what ever happens it want be in vain. You will be able to help other people that are going through the same situation you are now. Haiden and I are still praying for Caleb's healing and for you and the rest of the family. Love ya
    Bobbie and Haiden Warner
    Prairieville, La

    ReplyDelete
  49. Caleb keep on fighting. You my friend are a warrior for God. You have touch many hearts and your love for God has touched even more hearts then what you are going through. You are so special. Listen to everything the doctors say and we will see you at Caleb Day. Looking forward to wearing my yellow shirt and being a part of Team Caleb. See you soon my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am without words to be able to explain my emotions at what I have read thus far. I am so sorry for the difficulty y'all are facing and pray for the dear Lord to help y'all. Everyone in Little Elm is thinking about Caleb and wants to help.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Caleb,

    I miss you and pray for you every day. You are a very special boy, and you have an amazing family. You and your family are surrounded by love by all that have met you.

    Please know that Hackberry loves you!
    Melissa Rizvan

    ReplyDelete
  52. Caleb and family,

    Just wanted to let you know that your neighbors across the street have joined your prayer army. We know the Lord hears our words and will provide the strength that you need to fight. We are in awe of your bravery. God Bless you!!

    Scott & Jen Campbell

    ReplyDelete
  53. Dear Caleb, Please keep on fighting my family and I are praying for you. You are our hero !

    Chanell & family - South Africa

    ReplyDelete
  54. Good morning,
    I am so touch by this story. My heart breaks for Caleb and your family. I just can't believe how strong a seven year old boy can be. You and your family will be in my prayers.

    Patty Barron, Irving, TX

    ReplyDelete
  55. Caleb - you are such a strong fighter... and I know that God has such special plans for you ....I pray that your mom and dad have the strength to send you on this journey.
    Elsie Freeman - Little Elm TX
    To Calebs parents - I understand the journey you are about to take through grief... I have been on this journey since my son Steven left us 3 1/2 years ago at the age of 26- you are in my thoughts and prayers....

    ReplyDelete
  56. Caleb, I pray that God gives you the strength to continue your fight. You are an amazing young man and hope that God lifts up you and your family during your fight. I am a colon cancer patient and I know that it is not an easy fight. May God bless your remaining days.

    ReplyDelete
  57. We don't know you personally but know of you through Crossridge Church. Know that we are praying fervently for Caleb's miracle. We pray also that the Lord will wrap His arms around Caleb and all the family at this time and give each and every one of you His peace that surpasses all understanding.

    Christina, Shannon, Gage and Dylan
    Little Elm, TX

    ReplyDelete
  58. Caleb,I listened to your heartbeat before you where born and i talked to u just like your parents did. I love u and I pray for u and your family,you r such a strong and brave boy!

    ReplyDelete
  59. Caleb,
    You a such a fighter! Keep it up! You have lots of people praying! We love you, Caleb!

    ReplyDelete
  60. Dear Caleb,

    I want you to know that you have all of Jacksonville, FL rallying behind you in this fight! While we've not met personally, your story is one that I have come to know very well. You are an amazing person and from the comments I see on this page, a very much loved young boy.

    To the family - my thoughts and prayers are with you constantly in this struggle to endure the trials you are up against. My love goes out to each of you and I pray that you continue to find the strength to carry through each and every day. Please know that you have the support and prayers of the city of Jacksonville and that we will continue those prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  61. Caleb we pray for your strength every day! We believe you are every much a hero as the Soldiers who are currently fighting brave wars. We will continue to pray that Heavenly Father grants you and your family a miracle and that you will overcome this current battle and ultimately win the WAR! We hope and pray that your wish to go home for the weekend and participate in the ball game be granted as well as your parents wishes. May you be greatly comforted both body and soul. With Much Love, The Bunn Family

    ReplyDelete
  62. I am praying for your family. Caleb I love you and know God is real and He is at work. God will give you strength that you didn't even know you had. It's our job to believe and God's job to do the impossible. God's Will will be done. After all is said and done, God will have the victory and His name glorified. You have made it into my heart Caleb. What a precious gift of God you are, and I am blessed to have heard your story. We are praying and believing....

    ReplyDelete
  63. Angel- I am not a religious person, so I don't have the words...only wanted to say that your strength through all of this has been AMAZING and is an inspiration to all of us. I know you are not thinking about yourself, but you should be so proud. You DESERVE to be proud.

    Thinking of Caleb and your family at this very difficult time...

    Kerry from CO

    ReplyDelete