Thursday, August 20, 2015

Happy 10th Birthday, Caleb

On August 20, 2005, I was blessed to witness the birth of a beautiful baby boy. I was privileged to cut his umbilical cord. As the doctor handed him toward his birth mom, she pointed at me and said, "Give him to her. She's his mom, not me." It was the most selfless act I had ever seen. 


Today, we should be celebrating Caleb's 10th birthday. There should be football players running through our home. It should be so loud from the boys playing, that the adults can't even hear themselves think. However, there will be no party today. Instead, Richard, Caden and I will spend the day in reflection.  We'll remember Caleb with stories because that's all we have left. We'll tell funny stories about him. We'll talk about things he liked to do. We'll eat things he liked. We'll play games he liked. We'll release 5 gold balloons (if the weather cooperates) that represent the 5 short years Caleb was with us. We'll laugh and we'll probably even cry as we remember. Caleb is my hero and always will be.

Happy 10th birthday, Caleb! I hope the Angels throw you a party in Heaven. 

#HappyBirthday #CalebIsMyHero #MissedAndLoved #ToInfinityAndBeyond


Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
===========
We still miss Caleb every moment of every day. He is always in our hearts, always in our thoughts, and is loved today, tomorrow, in all ways to infinity and beyond.

Angel & Caden

No comments:

Post a Comment