Sunday, October 21, 2012

The REAL MIRACLE

Richard posted the following on Facebook earlier today and I thought I would add it here.

What if the REAL MIRACLE was that Caleb was my son and I got to spend 5 1/2 years with him?

Just read a friends post which mentioned Caleb and started me thinking about him. Now I know this friend won't do this, but don't ever say to me "I'm sorry I made you hurt... Or think about him and cry....."

You see, to me the pain I feel is the love I have for Caleb. I am better to have loved and still love him than to have not ever known that feeling.

Which brings me back to my question. What if the REAL MIRACLE was that Caleb was my son and I got to spend 5 1/2 years with him?

Most of you have known Angela and/or I for over 7years. Which BTW will be before Caleb was born. We've prayed for 5-7 years for the chance to have a child.

We finally decided to adopt and by such miracle we met Caleb's birth mother. Of whom were still friends with today. Due to some medical condition with Angela. Shortly before Caleb was born she had to have a procedure which prohibited us from ever birthing a child. A few years down the road, we adopted again. Welcome to our world Caden.

So, I know I'm leaving a big portion of the story untold. But what if Caleb was never born? Or something happened during the pregnancy? Or? Or? Or? Or?

You see, when Caleb passed away we decided not to live the rest of OUR lives asking... WHY? But giving God the glory for providing us strength, courage, a great church & great friends. All of which helped us get through a very tuff battle.

Which reminds me of a great song we use to sing a Grace Church USA. "The Battle is not Mine, God Said it's His" Sure wish I had a copy of that song to listen to every once and a while.

What if the REAL MIRACLE was that Caleb was my son and I got to spend 5 1/2 years with him? Thank you Jesus.

The song Richard is talking about is called "The Battle Is Not Yours" by Clint Brown and is available on iTunes as part of the "It's Time to Dance" CD.

"The Battle Is Not Yours"
Clint Brown

The battle is not yours, God said it's mine
The battle is not yours, God said it's mine
If you'll set stand and see
He'll show up on time
The battle is not yours, God said it's mine.



===========
We still miss Caleb every moment of every day. He is always in our hearts, always in our thoughts, and is loved today, tomorrow, in ALL ways to infinity and beyond.

Angel, Richard & Caden

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful. My son Gavin passed away in 2011 from a genetic disorder. We miss him so much. Keep your head up. Our miracle was having our son for 7 1/2 years. Kristen-Little Elm

    ReplyDelete