Wednesday, July 2, 2014

What's in a moment?

What is 2043 days, 1 hour, and 54 minutes? It can also be represented as 5 years, 7 months, 5 days, 1 hour, and 54 minutes.

Some people would think that is a long time. Others, not quite so long. To some, it is just a blink in light of the time we will spend in eternity. For our son, it represents his entire lifetime. A lifetime cut short because of cancer.
Although Caleb isn't with us on Earth any longer, it doesn't mean he didn't exist. It doesn't mean he wasn't my son. It doesn't mean that his time here was any less important than anyone else's.

July 2, 2014, marks another milestone in our journey. As of 4:10 p.m., Caden will have officially lived longer than Caleb. 2043 days, 1 hour, and 55 minutes (and counting). I pray every day that Caden's number of days on Earth keeps growing.

It amazes me that one moment could make such a difference in a life. One moment in time. That's all it takes. One moment marks the exact time of birth. One moment marks the exact time of death. One moment marks each of the minutes in between. Caleb spent the moments in between by loving others, giving to others, being happy, making the most of every moment he was given.

I admit that I spend some of my moments grieving. I spend a lot of my moments remembering. But most of all, I choose to make the most of every moment I've been given. I will spend my moments living. Living in the now. Living in the "what is" and not the "what could have been." Living for the life I have and not the life I thought I would have. Living the life that God has given me and being grateful for it. He blessed me with a wonderful husband and two handsome little boys. Living. Loving. Playing. Giving. Praying. Knowing I will see Caleb in eternity. Knowing I will spend that eternity with God. That's how I want to spend my moments.

How will you spend your moments?





Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
===========
We still miss Caleb every moment of every day. He is always in our hearts, always in our thoughts, and is loved today, tomorrow, in ALL ways to infinity and beyond.

Angel, Richard & Caden

1 comment: