Monday, August 25, 2014

1st Day of Kindergarten

Today was Caden's first day of kindergarten. This was a day I have been both looking forward to and dreading at the same time, but maybe not for the reason
other kindergarten moms are. I've been looking forward to Caden being in school. Meeting new friends. Learning new things. And, I have to admit, I've been looking forward to having some time to myself. Grocery shopping is so much easier when I'm by myself.  But I've been dreading it because it reminds me of the past.

It is a day of memories. Memories of taking Caleb to school on his first day of kindergarten. The pictures we took. The excitement on his face as we drove to school. The joy of meeting new friends. Watching him console a classmate who was nervous. The exhaustion at the end of the day for the ride home.



But today, was a time to celebrate Caden. It is the first day of a new step in Caden's school journey and a rite of passage as he continues to grow into a wonderful young man. He's been nervous and excited about school. He's been looking forward to riding the bus and was most excited about that. He's a little hesitant because he's realizing he'll be away from me for almost 8 hours a day.


His teacher said he had a great first day. Richard and I are so proud of him, and I'm sure Caleb is proud of him as well.

The good news is that I made it through the day without crying. The best news is that Caden is still excited about school and ready to go back tomorrow. And, he still wants to ride the bus.




Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
===========
We still miss Caleb every moment of every day. He is always in our hearts, always in our thoughts, and is loved today, tomorrow, in ALL ways to infinity and beyond.

Angel, Richard & Caden

1 comment: